Shop Policies, Shipping Details & TOS
Shipping & times
Orders are typically shipped out within 5-8 business days, although if an item in your order is made-to-order, it can take up to two weeks before it is shipped. All orders are shipped from the United States. If you choose a TRACKED package option, you will receive a tracking number once your order has shipped. If you choose an untracked shipping method, no tracking will be sent. Whimsical Publishing & Illustration will not be responsible for lost or stolen packages shipped under the NO TRACKING option.
We ship most of our items on regular business days throughout the week. Shipping within the US typically takes 3-10 business days depending on the postage method, Canada usually takes 7-30 business days and overseas can take anywhere from 14-30 days. (Please note some items in our shop are MADE-TO-ORDER so there is some additional pre-processing time on these items before they are shipped out.)
Any item purchased with a preorder product will not ship until the preorder’s release date!
Please note that outside of the United States, buyers may be charged customs and duties. It is the responsibility of the buyer to look into their own country’s policies and fees and to pay accordingly.
Returns and exchanges
We will gladly refund you the cost of the item if you are unhappy with your purchase. Item(s) must be in a new and unused condition. Simply ship the item back to us, and once we have received it we will refund you via Paypal. refunds and/or exchanges are not offered for mystery items.
All the items sold in this shop are copyrighted and legally the property of Whimsical Publishing. All rights reserved. NO portion of these publications, products or artworks may be reproduced, transmitted, distributed, or sold for resale in any form or by any means, digital or physical, without express written permission of Whimsical Publishing.
PLEASE NOTE: US Media Mail is for books ONLY. If this option is chosen for orders containing anything besides books, your order will be cancelled and refunded and you’ll need to re-order with one of the other shipping options.
TOS for Custom Illustration Commissions:
- TERMS OF SERVICE:
- Commissions are purchased directly within the shop here first. At checkout there will be an “order notes” option. Please describe your commission with as much detail as possible. If you have reference pictures available, please email them directly through our website here and include your order number. (Micheline Ryckman reserves the right to refuse any work she feels does not follow the outline here in our Terms of Service.)
- Micheline Ryckman will do: original characters, fictional characters, fantasy creatures, fantasy landscapes, etc. with an adequate reference and description.
- Micheline Ryckman will NOT do: NSFW art, portrait art of real people, or portraits of your pets.
- Commissions may take up to 6 weeks to complete. Your patience is appreciated 🙂
- Micheline Ryckman will connect with the commissioner directly after purchase. Once an initial sketch is completed she will send it to the commissioner for approval before continuing to paint. The final completed commission will be emailed directly to the commissioner.
- Micheline Ryckman, retains ownership of all original artwork, whether preliminary or final. Micheline Ryckman has the right to sell their originals and use them for portfolio purposes. In this commercial agreement, Micheline Ryckman includes a licensing fee in this purchase for the commissioner to reproduce for resale and commercial purposes the completed artwork in an un-limited number for an unlimited time.
- On any contribution for magazine or book use, Micheline Ryckman shall receive name credit in print.
- Alteration to artwork shall not be made without consulting Micheline Ryckman, and she shall be allowed the first option to make alterations when possible.
- Micheline Ryckman shall use all reasonable endeavours to deliver the artwork six weeks from purchase date, and shall notify the commissioner of any anticipated delay at the first opportunity in which case the commissioner may (unless the delay is the fault of the commissioner) cancel the commission and receive a full refund.
- Entire Understanding: This contract constitutes the sole agreement between the Micheline Ryckman and the commissioner regarding this project. It becomes effective when purchase is completed. Both parties warrant that they have read and understand the terms set forth in this agreement. Both parties ascertain that they will make a good faith effort to abide by the terms set forth herein. The action of purchasing and accepting the terms of agreement via electronic method will hold both parties in acceptance of these terms.